Our Glasgow Master Class will be held in Glasgow on Thursday 13th November. The topics for the lectures are:
‘Understanding the teenage brain and the impact of Epilepsy/ ABI’ and
‘Acquired brain injury and the links to youth offending’
Morning Lecture: 10am
Speaker: Michael Adair
Content: Understanding the teenage brain and the impact of Epilepsy/ABI
• What is Epilepsy? How does it affect the functioning of the brain?
• Brain “renovation” in teenage years.
• How do we support teenagers affected by Epilepsy/ABI during this phase of the developing brain?
Afternoon Lecture: 1.30pm
Speaker: Louise Wilkinson
Content: Acquired brain injury and the links to youth offending
• Why are young people with ABI more likely to offend?
• What evidence is there regarding these potential links?
• What part does education play in this?
• What can be done to support these young people?
Lectures Finish: 4pm Spaces are strictly limited, so please book your place today!
To book your place, please click on the link below and scroll to ‘click here to book your place’ on the right hand side. https://childbraininjurytrust.org.uk/how-we-help/learning-events/
To provide maximum flexibility for our delegates you may book on to both lectures or select just one.
Our Master Class Lectures are aimed at delegates who already have an understanding of childhood acquired brain injury.
Lunch: A light buffet lunch is provided.
Please note there will be a 20 minute break during each of the Lectures.
Standard Rate: Full Day £70.00 (incl Lunch) One Lecture only £40
Public Sector/Not for Profit: Full Day £50.00 (incl Lunch) One Lecture only £30
Parent/Guardian Place: Full day £10 incl lunch (Limited to two booking per parent/guardian/family member per event)
Venue: Digby Brown Solicitors 2 W Regent St Glasgow G2 1RW Registration: 09:30