Our Leeds Master Class lecture takes place in Leeds on 21 October 2014. The topics for the lectures are:
- “Understanding cognitive, behavioural and emotional consequences of childhood ABI”
- “Goal setting for children and young people affected by childhood ABI”
Lecture One : 10:00 (start time) Speaker: Dr Sophie Thomas Topic: Understanding cognitive, behavioural and emotional consequences of childhood ABI.
- Reviewing different domains of cognitive deficit such as memory, processing speed and executive function
- Looking at common causes of emotional and behavioural difficulties after ABI
- Discussing how the above can impact everyday functioning at school and home
- Identify strategies for support and rehabilitation.
Lecture Two: 13:30 (start time) Speaker: Dr Rajib Lodh Topic: Goal Setting for children and young people affected by childhood ABI
- Exploring evidence based examples of successful outcomes
- Understanding what it looks like in practice
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Use of medications and other interventions in goal achievement
Spaces are strictly limited, so please book your place today! To book your place, please click on the link below and scroll to ‘click here to book your place’ on the right hand side. https://childbraininjurytrust.org.uk/how-we-help/learning-events/ To provide maximum flexibility for our delegates, you may book on to both lectures or select just one – the choice is yours. Delegate Rates: Standard Rate Full Day: £70 (including lunch) – One Lecture only:£40 Public Sector/Not for Profit Full Day: £50 (including lunch) – One Lecture only: £30 Parent/Guardian Place Full Day: £10 (including lunch) Please note places are limited to two bookings per parent/guardian/family member per event.