This E-Learning video is available from 12/05/2016 to 31/12/2020.
A short webinar looking at the legal issues around transition into adulthood, and the impact of the Mental Capacity Act.
This session is delivered by Mathieu Culverhouse from Irwin Mitchell. Mathieu specialises in community care, patient rights and mental capacity law.
On completion of the Webinar participants will further their understanding of:
- When do parents stop having legal responsibility for their child in the case of childhood ABI?
- What if the young person lacks capacity to look after their own affairs?
- What are the implications in respect of Health and Wellbeing, and Finances?
- What is the process?
- What do parents need to be aware of and do?
- Who can help?
This Webinar will be of interest to:
- Young people
- Families, parents, older siblings
- Paediatric Health Care professionals
- Paediatric/Hospital Social workers
- Legal and Case Management
- Learning Support
- Specialist Teaching teams
- Anyone who works with or supports children and young people.
Once registered you will be sent joining instructions, containing a unique URL which will give you access to this Webinar, therefore no specialist software is required.