This E-Learning video is available from 26/10/2017 to 26/10/2019.
A short webinar looking at simple ways to improve independence and mobility for children and young people in the home following ABI
This session is delivered by Anava Baruch, Managing Director and clinical lead of Design for Independence a small company specialising in housing occupational therapy
On completion of the Webinar participants will further their understanding of:
- How a child can be better supported to maintain their self-esteem and confidence through improved adaptation and design of living spaces
- Different types of furniture equipment and technology to improve
- Seating and posture at home and at school
- Typical Grants that can be applied for
This Webinar will be of interest to:
- Young people
- Families, parents, older siblings
- Paediatric Health Care professionals
- Paediatric/Hospital Social workers
- Legal and Case Management
- Learning Support
- Specialist Teaching teams
- Anyone who works with or supports children and young people.
Once registered you will be sent joining instructions, containing a unique URL which will give you access to this Webinar, therefore no specialist software is required.