This E-Learning video is available from 14/03/2019 to 18/03/2020.
A short webinar helping you understanding the impact of caring for a child with an ABI.
This session is delivered by Lucy Perkins, Child & Family Support Coordinator (Thames Valley) at the Child Brain Injury Trust and Kate Gravett (Parent of a child with an ABI)
On completion of the Webinar participants will further their understanding of:
- What defines a carer?
- How a parent/carer may feel when they have a child with an ABI
- What is self-care and why is it important
- Q&A session with a parent who has a child with an ABI for advice and tips re: parental-self care
- Strategies and sign-posting for support i.e. charities, counselling etc
This Webinar will be of interest to:
- Families, parents, older siblings
- Anyone who works with or supports children and young people
- Paediatric Health Care professionals
- Paediatric/Hospital Social workers
- Legal and Case Management
- Teachers, Learning Support, SENCO’s, Specialist Teaching teams
- Hospital School Teachers
Once registered you will be sent joining instructions, containing a unique URL which will give you access to this Webinar, therefore no specialist software is required.