Free legal and welfare rights advice
The Child Brain Injury Trust Legal Support Service offers free legal advice and welfare rights services. In Scotland, this service is provided by Digby Brown Solicitors. The scheme provides a free service for all legal enquiries, and provides entitlement to discounts on the full range of legal services (please see below for the list).
- Free welfare rights advice and representation service
- Personal injury claims: Legal advice and representation on a “no win no fee” basis at discounted rates
- Personal injury settlement trusts: Free advice and representation on Personal Injury Settlement Trusts, the tax implications and management.
- Free Wills: Available to families supported by the Child Brain Injury Trust.
- Buying or selling your house? A 10% discount on the cost of conveyancing fees for house purchase and sale or similar transfer of property.
- Powers of Attorney: Free Continuing Powers of Attorney (including the cost of registration with the Office of Public Guardian).
- Guardianships: Free advice and representation in relation to setting up and running Guardianships, both Financial and Welfare.
- Independent financial advice: We can arrange free independent financial advice, including access to low rate mortgages and advice on investing lump sums.
- Family law and divorce: Representation in family law matters can be arranged with the benefit of legal aid or where this is not available, a 10% discount on the legal costs associated with any family law dispute.