The Child Brain Injury Trust’s Legal Support Service Provider for the North East is Sintons.
The firm supports and advises families right across the North East and is the only law firm working in partnership with the charity in this area.
Sintons is based in Newcastle upon Tyne and has a team of dedicated experts to offer assistance when it is needed on a huge array of legal issues that may affect a family when a child suffers a brain injury.
John is a Consultant Solicitor in the Neuro Trauma team at Sintons and has over 30 years’ experience of representing clients across the UK many of whom have sustained serious injuries; in particular permanent life-changing neurological injuries, where he has actedfor both adult and child claimants.
- Consultant Solicitor
- 0191 226 3663
- John is an APIL Fellow and an accredited Brain Injury Specialist and Senior Litigator
- John is committed to obtaining funding for clients’ rehabilitation at the earliest possible time and ensuring that funds are available to meet their life-long needs. John and his team have secured damages payments totalling well over £100 million for clients
- As well as representing clients he frequently delivers training, not only to other lawyers but also to healthcare and other professionals working in the field of rehabilitation
He also has a long-standing listing as a “leading individual” in the Legal 500 Guide to UK law firms and was highly ranked again in the 2017 edition.
John has been described in the Chambers and Partners Legal Directory as“…probably the leading lawyer in the North East on neurological trauma,” a “technically brilliant lawyer” who has “a wealth of experience in handling high-value cases, including those involving serious head and spinal cord injuries”
Kate is a Partner and Head of the Personal Injury Department at Sintons, specialising in acting for individuals who have sustained life-changing brain injuries across the whole of England and Wales.
- Partner and Head of Personal Injury
- 0191 226 4893
- Kate has nearly 15 years’ experience working in the field of Personal Injury, acting for both adult and child claimants
- Kate has had success in many cases where other solicitors either would not take the case on or did not succeed in pursuing claims
- Kate is absolutely committed to going the extra mile to ensure the best possible rehabilitation and compensation outcome for her clients
- Kate is an APIL accredited Brain Injury Specialist
- The Legal 500 2017 praised Sintons’ personal injury team for being ‘outstanding and unmatched in the region’, adding that the team, which handles cases for clients from across the UK, attracted particular praise for its ‘diligent, client focused’ approach and its willingness to ‘always go the extra mile’ on their behalf
- 0191 226 4893
Rachael is a Solicitor in the Neuro Trauma team at Sintons, specialising in acting for Claimants all across England and Wales who have sustained serious brain injuries.
- Rachael has almost 20 years’ experience within the area of personal injury, acting for both adult and child claimants
- Rachael is committed to assisting people with life-changing injuries to lead as full a life as possible and ensuring they receive the rehabilitation and support that they need to achieve this
- Senior Litigator
- 0191 226 3642
Chris is a Senior Litigator within the Neuro Trauma team at Sintons and he specialises in cases involving brain injuries.
Within this role, Chris works on a varied caseload involving life-changing injuries resulting from road traffic accidents, accidents at work, along with public and occupier’s liability claims. Chris acts for both adult and child claimants, and has an enthusiasm for instigating early rehabilitation packages to give seriously injured clients the best opportunities to achieve their potential.
Chris is an Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
- Senior Litigator
- 0191 226 4890
Emma is a Senior Litigator in cases involving brain injury as part of the Sintons Neuro Trauma team.
Emma specialises in claims relating to brain injury and spinal cord injury as a result of criminal assault (CICA).
- Private Client Practitioner
- 0191 226 7812
Sophie is experienced in Court of Protection matters, including dealing with applications for deputyship, statutory will applications, making an application to the Court of Protection about a specific issue, inheritance tax planning/advancement of capital gifts and assisting professional deputies with the management of deputyship appointments, primarily supporting individuals with their financial management.