The Child Brain Injury Trust’s Legal Support Service Provider for the North East is Sintons.
The firm supports and advises families right across the North East and is the only law firm working in partnership with the charity in this area.
Sintons is based in Newcastle upon Tyne and has a team of dedicated experts to offer assistance when it is needed on a huge array of legal issues that may affect a family when a child suffers a brain injury.
John is a Consultant Solicitor in the Neurotrauma team at Sintons and has over 30 years’ experience of representing clients across the UK many of whom have sustained serious injuries; in particular permanent life-changing neurological injuries, where he has actedfor both adult and child claimants.
- Consultant Solicitor
- 0191 226 3663
- John is an APIL Fellow and an accredited Brain Injury Specialist and Senior Litigator
- John is committed to obtaining funding for clients’ rehabilitation at the earliest possible time and ensuring that funds are available to meet their life-long needs. John and his team have secured damages payments totalling well over £100 million for clients
- As well as representing clients he frequently delivers training, not only to other lawyers but also to healthcare and other professionals working in the field of rehabilitation
He also has a long-standing listing as a “leading individual” in the Legal 500 Guide to UK law firms and was highly ranked again in the 2017 edition.
John has been described in the Chambers and Partners Legal Directory as“…probably the leading lawyer in the North East on neurological trauma,” a “technically brilliant lawyer” who has “a wealth of experience in handling high-value cases, including those involving serious head and spinal cord injuries”
Kate is an Associate Solicitor in the Neurotrauma team at Sintons. Since 2008, Kate has dedicated her career to acting on behalf of both children and adults whom have sustained life-changing serious injuries.
- 0191 226 7929
Each day, Kate works with clients whose lives have been forever changed because of an injury they have sustained through no fault of their own. She provides those individuals with straight forward legal advice. Kate seeks to obtain interim payments at the earliest possible stage to optimise a client’s rehabilitation potential and to enable a client to lead as full a life as possible.
Kate works alongside a team of passionate lawyers who are dedicated to securing the best result for their clients and to give them every opportunity to improve their quality of lives post-injury.
Kate is very proud to be described by her clients as being ‘willing to go the extra mile’, a ‘bare-knuckle fighter’ and someone not to be ‘underestimated’.
Kate is a Partner at Sintons, specialising in acting for individuals who have sustained life-changing brain injuries across the whole of England and Wales.
- 0191 226 4893
- Kate has nearly 15 years’ experience working in the field of Personal Injury, acting for both adult and child claimants
- Kate has had success in many cases where other solicitors either would not take the case on or did not succeed in pursuing claims
- Kate is absolutely committed to going the extra mile to ensure the best possible rehabilitation and compensation outcome for her clients
- Kate is an APIL accredited Brain Injury Specialist
- The Legal 500 2017 praised Sintons’ personal injury team for being ‘outstanding and unmatched in the region’, adding that the team, which handles cases for clients from across the UK, attracted particular praise for its ‘diligent, client focused’ approach and its willingness to ‘always go the extra mile’ on their behalf
Rachael is a Solicitor in the Neurotrauma team at Sintons, specialising in acting for Claimants all across England and Wales who have sustained serious brain injuries.
- Rachael has almost 20 years’ experience within the area of personal injury, acting for both adult and child claimants
- Rachael is committed to assisting people with life-changing injuries to lead as full a life as possible and ensuring they receive the rehabilitation and support that they need to achieve this
Chris is a Senior Litigator within the Neurotrauma team at Sintons and he specialises in cases involving brain injuries.
Within this role, Chris works on a varied caseload involving life-changing injuries resulting from road traffic accidents, accidents at work, along with public and occupier’s liability claims. Chris acts for both adult and child claimants, and has an enthusiasm for instigating early rehabilitation packages to give seriously injured clients the best opportunities to achieve their potential.
Chris is an Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Emma is a Senior Litigator in cases involving brain injury as part of the Sintons Neurotrauma team.
Emma specialises in claims relating to brain injury and spinal cord injury as a result of criminal assault (CICA).
Sophie is experienced in Court of Protection matters, including dealing with applications for deputyship, statutory will applications, making an application to the Court of Protection about a specific issue, inheritance tax planning/advancement of capital gifts and assisting professional deputies with the management of deputyship appointments, primarily supporting individuals with their financial management.
Contact Sintons solicitors:
If you would like to talk to someone from Sintons solicitors, please tell us a little bit about your enquiry and how we can contact you. One of the expert team from Sintons solicitors will be in touch with no obligation, free initial advice.