A brain injury has a devastating and life-long impact on the child and their whole family. Bones can mend and scars can heal but a brain injury stays with you for life and impacts on everything you think, feel and do.
The Child Brain Injury Trust is the charity that supports children, young people, their families and professionals and helps them come to terms with what has happened and how to deal with the uncertainty that the future may hold.
You are here because you are either affected by childhood acquired brain injury directly or because you know someone who is. You are not alone – welcome to our website.
We offer tailored support to suit your circumstances. Find out more about the support we can offer to families coping with childhood acquired brain injury…
We hold learning events across the country and now online via our NEW Webinar Programme. From master classes to conferences, seminars and webinars, we have a learning event that will suit you. With FREE spaces available to parents and education professionals, see what’s on offer and book your place today…
We rely on your fundraising to keep providing our vital services to families. If you, or your organisation are interested in getting involved, please get in touch now. We have ideas for everyone and all your support is welcome! We also accept one off and monthly donations. Just visit our Donate page.
How We Help
- National Helpline – information and support for anyone affected by childhood acquired brain injury. Call us for a chat.
- Factsheets - plainly written information on acquired brain injury, for parents, professionals and family members.
- Child and Family Support – the families we support are at the centre of everything we do. Find out how we can help.
- Learning – training days, in-service days, conferences. We help people learn about the affects of childhood brain injury and how to support a child or young person.
- Grants – grants can help provide a break for your family or help towards the development of a child or young person impacted by brain injury
As part of Action for Brain Injury Week, the Child Brain Injury Trust invited children […]
As part of Action for Brain Injury Week the Child Brain Injury Trust once again […]