"Hope for tomorrow - today"
The Child Brain Injury Trust was established by a group of health professionals in 1991 to research and provide information regarding the effects of ‘traumatic’ injury on a child’s developing brain.
Parents of children with acquired brain injury were keen to become actively involved with the charity and over time the emphasis on the work changed.
Today the Child Brain Injury Trust is the leading voluntary sector organisation providing emotional and practical support, information and learning opportunities for families and professionals affected by childhood acquired brain injury across the UK.
We work across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and have a dedicated team of professional staff and volunteers who give their expertise, commitment and energy every day.
Families continue to be involved in the development of the charity and we continue to be amazed and enlightened by their resilience and strength.
A future where all children and young people with an acquired brain injury are diagnosed promptly and receive the support they and their families need to reach their full potential and to have the best quality of life possible.
Our Mission (what we do to deliver our vision):
- To reach a wider audience so that families know we are here for them
- To provide individualised support to enable children and their families to move forward following acquired brain injury
- To improve the quality of life of those affected by raising awareness of the impact of a brain injury on the whole family and empower those who can help through provision of education and information.
- To provide a powerful, united voice for individuals, families, communities, experts and professionals who know just how devastating childhood acquired brain injury can be
- To influence policy in health, social care, education and youth justice to improve access to support and the quality of support provided
- To raise the funds we need to deliver our vision, inspired by the individuals and families at the heart of the organisation
At the heart of our organisation are the people we exist for. Our values reflect the way we work to achieve our vision. We are:
- Brave and bold
- Influential and determined
- We have integrity
- Caring and family-centred
- Innovative and responsive